wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

Vikas Patil

Dear All,

 

When I run simple video application (which pause and play gstreamer pipeline continuously) based on following pipeline [1] with  weston 1.9.0  and glimagesink (part of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad 1.6.0 package) on i.MX6 based platform and Linux 4.1 without exporting (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) then it works fine and runs as long as I want.

 

However when I export (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) and run the test application after some loopback it gives segmentation fault in GPU driver. I would like to know what difference does it make if I export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or not? Why the different behavior?

 

[1] gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/VIDEO.MP4 typefind=true ! video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! vpudec frame-plus=1 frame-drop=false ! glimagesink

 

Regards,

Vikash


_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

Nicolas Dufresne-5
Le mercredi 08 février 2017 à 19:28 +0530, Vikas Patil a écrit :

> When I run simple video application (which pause and play gstreamer
> pipeline continuously) based on following pipeline [1] with  weston
> 1.9.0  and glimagesink (part of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad 1.6.0
> package) on i.MX6 based platform and Linux 4.1 without exporting
> (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) then it works fine and
> runs as long as I want.
>  
> However when I export (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) and
> run the test application after some loopback it gives segmentation
> fault in GPU driver. I would like to know what difference does it
> make if I export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or not? Why the different behavior?
>  
> [1] gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/VIDEO.MP4
> typefind=true ! video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 !
> vpudec frame-plus=1 frame-drop=false ! glimagesink
On GStreamer side (speaking of GStreamer, not gst-imx), this should
have no effect.

Nicolas
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel

signature.asc (188 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

Pekka Paalanen
In reply to this post by Vikas Patil
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 19:28:10 +0530
Vikas Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>
>
> When I run simple video application (which pause and play gstreamer
> pipeline continuously) based on following pipeline [1] with  weston 1.9.0  and
> glimagesink (part of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad 1.6.0 package) on i.MX6 based
> platform and Linux 4.1 without exporting (export
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) then it works fine and runs as long as
> I want.
You should not be able to run weston at all without XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
properly set up.

> However when I export (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) and run
> the test application after some loopback it gives segmentation fault in GPU
> driver. I would like to know what difference does it make if I export
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or not? Why the different behavior?

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is where the Wayland socket will be, so if the
compositor and the client have different runtime dirs, the client
should usually fail to connect.

Is it possible that you get a fallback to X11 via Xwayland?

Are you sure you don't mean /run/user/1000?

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR may also be used for allocating wl_shm buffers - are
you running out of disk space there? (The space will hopefully get
freed as soon as the client reserving it dies.)


Thanks,
pq

> [1] gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/VIDEO.MP4 typefind=true !
> video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! vpudec frame-plus=1
> frame-drop=false ! glimagesink
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Vikash


_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel

attachment0 (817 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

Vikas Patil
Hi Pekka,

Thanks for comments. I forgot to update this thread. With I.mx6 platform when I do not set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR, glimagesink uses framebuffer interface and do not use Wayland and this is why it works.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash

On Mar 6, 2017 2:18 PM, "Pekka Paalanen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 19:28:10 +0530
Vikas Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>
>
> When I run simple video application (which pause and play gstreamer
> pipeline continuously) based on following pipeline [1] with  weston 1.9.0  and
> glimagesink (part of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad 1.6.0 package) on i.MX6 based
> platform and Linux 4.1 without exporting (export
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) then it works fine and runs as long as
> I want.

You should not be able to run weston at all without XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
properly set up.

> However when I export (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) and run
> the test application after some loopback it gives segmentation fault in GPU
> driver. I would like to know what difference does it make if I export
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or not? Why the different behavior?

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is where the Wayland socket will be, so if the
compositor and the client have different runtime dirs, the client
should usually fail to connect.

Is it possible that you get a fallback to X11 via Xwayland?

Are you sure you don't mean /run/user/1000?

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR may also be used for allocating wl_shm buffers - are
you running out of disk space there? (The space will hopefully get
freed as soon as the client reserving it dies.)


Thanks,
pq

> [1] gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/VIDEO.MP4 typefind=true !
> video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! vpudec frame-plus=1
> frame-drop=false ! glimagesink
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Vikash



_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Loading...