wav to ogg using Gstreamer Editing Services.

wav to ogg using Gstreamer Editing Services.

Vineeth-2
Hi,
I was trying the test4.c example in gstreamer-editing-services-0.10.1/tests/examples , which is used to append one or more audio media files into a ogg file.
I was surprised to see that trying to combine wav files into a ogg file was using mpegaudioparse and mp3 decoder.
May be this is a bug and this can be improved., can somebody pls clarify on this.

The relevant command is :
./test4 file:///home/user/wav.ogg /mnt/hgfs/ubuntu_shared/streams/Windows\ Default.wav

The generated ogg file is fine, however I think the pipeline can be optimized.

I have attached the logs with GST_DEBUG=3

Thanks,
--vineeth

test4_wav.log.bz2 (17K) Download Attachment

Re: wav to ogg using Gstreamer Editing Services.

Vineeth-2
This looks like a wav file based behavior, for few  wav files, mpegaudioparse , ffdec_mp3 is used.
I have attached the wav file for this can be reproduced.
--vineeth

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:16 PM, vineeth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I was trying the test4.c example in gstreamer-editing-services-0.10.1/tests/examples , which is used to append one or more audio media files into a ogg file.
I was surprised to see that trying to combine wav files into a ogg file was using mpegaudioparse and mp3 decoder.
May be this is a bug and this can be improved., can somebody pls clarify on this.

The relevant command is :
./test4 file:///home/user/wav.ogg /mnt/hgfs/ubuntu_shared/streams/Windows\ Default.wav

The generated ogg file is fine, however I think the pipeline can be optimized.

I have attached the logs with GST_DEBUG=3

Thanks,
--vineeth

sample.zip (12K) Download Attachment

Re: wav to ogg using Gstreamer Editing Services.

Stefan Sauer
On 16.03.2011 13:52, vineeth wrote:

> This looks like a wav file based behavior, for few  wav files,
> mpegaudioparse , ffdec_mp3 is used.
> I have attached the wav file for this can be reproduced.
> --vineeth
>

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:16 PM, vineeth <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     I was trying the test4.c example in
>     gstreamer-editing-services-0.10.1/tests/examples , which is used
>     to append one or more audio media files into a ogg file.
>     I was surprised to see that trying to combine wav files into a ogg
>     file was using mpegaudioparse and mp3 decoder.
>     May be this is a bug and this can be improved., can somebody pls
>     clarify on this.
>
>     The relevant command is :
>     ./test4 file:///home/user/wav.ogg
>     /mnt/hgfs/ubuntu_shared/streams/Windows\ Default.wav
>
>     The generated ogg file is fine, however I think the pipeline can
>     be optimized.
>
>     I have attached the logs with GST_DEBUG=3
>
>     Thanks,
>     --vineeth

Everything is fine.

$ gst-discoverer-0.10 ~/temp/Windows\ Default.wav
Analyzing file:///home/ensonic/temp/Windows%20Default.wav
Done discovering file:///home/ensonic/temp/Windows%20Default.wav

Topology:
  audio: WAV
    audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)

Properties:
  Duration: 0:00:00.731450000
  Seekable: yes
  Tags:
      Audio-Codec: MPEG-1 layer 3
      Normale Bitrate: 160000
      has crc: false
      channel mode: stereo
      layer: 3
      mode: stereo
      emphasis: none
      Bitrate: 160000

Re: wav to ogg using Gstreamer Editing Services.

blesshealth
iDealshare VideoGo also helps to convert WAV to OGG or convert OGG to WAV or
convert between other audio formats. It also helps to convert between video
formats or convert video to audio format.
It has both Mac and Windows version.