vaapih264enc and change bitrate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

vaapih264enc and change bitrate

Matteo Valdina
Hi y'all,

I'm trying to use vaapih264enc and change the bitrate during the encoding.

I see from the source code and test that bitrate property is ignored after the encoding begins.

I would like to know if there is any patch/ongoing work to add this feature in the vaapi encoder?
Is it feasible as per current source code implementation of vaapih264enc.
 
The only way to obtain this behavior is to stop and re-start the vaapih264enc?

Is something that I used on other software and hardware H.264 encoder, so, I expected that it is achievable.

Best
Matteo Valdina


--
“There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.”
- Tony Hoare

_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: vaapih264enc and change bitrate

Victor Jaquez
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 at 08:45, Matteo Valdina wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> I'm trying to use vaapih264enc and change the bitrate during the encoding.
>
> I see from the source code and test that bitrate property is ignored after
> the encoding begins.

That's correct, right now the bitrate is only set when the encoding starts and
the vaapi engine is stopped end re-configured.

> I would like to know if there is any patch/ongoing work to add this feature
> in the vaapi encoder?

No, there is no any work in progress in that regard right now. You could file a
bug in bugzilla for it. I would be better yet if you could propose a patch.

> Is it feasible as per current source code implementation of vaapih264enc.
>
> The only way to obtain this behavior is to stop and re-start the
> vaapih264enc?

Yes.

vmjl
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: vaapih264enc and change bitrate

Matteo Valdina
Thanks,
I will open a bug and try to see what I can provide as a patch.

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Víctor Jáquez <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 at 08:45, Matteo Valdina wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> I'm trying to use vaapih264enc and change the bitrate during the encoding.
>
> I see from the source code and test that bitrate property is ignored after
> the encoding begins.

That's correct, right now the bitrate is only set when the encoding starts and
the vaapi engine is stopped end re-configured.

> I would like to know if there is any patch/ongoing work to add this feature
> in the vaapi encoder?

No, there is no any work in progress in that regard right now. You could file a
bug in bugzilla for it. I would be better yet if you could propose a patch.

> Is it feasible as per current source code implementation of vaapih264enc.
>
> The only way to obtain this behavior is to stop and re-start the
> vaapih264enc?

Yes.

vmjl
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel



--
“There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.”
- Tony Hoare

_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Loading...