using the gst_parse_launch()

userAr
I am running the tutorials of Gstreamer and it works great (on windows).

I want to use the command "gst_parse_launch()"

the original command (from the tutorials):

pipeline = gst_parse_launch ("playbin2
uri=http://docs.gstreamer.com/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm", NULL);

my changes:

pipeline = gst_parse_launch ("filesrc
location=C:\\Users\\name\\Desktop\\movie.mp4 ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink",
NULL);

both of the pipelines works fine from the cmd, but my pipeline doesn't work
with gst_parse_launch

any suggestions?

thanks!

Re: using the gst_parse_launch()

harishjennykn
What is the error message coming from gstreamer logs ? Ideally if the command works from gst-launch , I dont see any reason why it should not work with gst_parse_launch

Could it be related to the missing single inverted comma for the filename ?
gst_parse_launch ("filesrc
location='C:\\Users\\name\\Desktop\\movie.mp4' ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink",
NULL);

~
HJ