unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

prkhr4u
I have created a simple pipeline using videomixer for streaming 2 videos from 2 IP Cameras simultaneously.
Here is the pipeline:

gst-launch-0.10 -e videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink \
videotestsrc pattern=3 ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=25/1, width=640, height=200 ! mix. \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox top=0 left=0 ! mix. \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=0 top=0 left=-320 ! mix.

But I am able to see only 1 stream (169.254.75.39) the top one only and for the second only white background is coming.
Anyone knows what is the problem here?

Re: unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

harishjennykn
Is there any reason for using videotestsrc ?

you can remove the videotestsrc element if not required and use the pipeline something like this

gst-launch-0.10 -e videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox top=0 left=0 ! mix. \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=0 top=0 left=-320 ! mix.

Re: unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

prkhr4u
I am using videotestsrc for background purpose upon which I am superimposing my camera streams.
I tried to remove the 'videotestsrc' and played the pipeline like you said,but could not play anything.
Here is the log I am getting:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 222094 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Re: unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

harishjennykn
are you able to get individual gstreamer pipeline working?
gst-launch souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec  ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink
and
gst-launch souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg  ! jpegdec  ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink
?
If yes , you can enable gstreamer logs and send the output !

Re: unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

prkhr4u
Yes I am able to get individual gstreamer pipeline working.
Both the pipelines are working fine.
Here is the output of the log:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstXvImageSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage: Output window was closed
Additional debug info:
xvimagesink.c(1326): gst_xvimagesink_handle_xevents (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstXvImageSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage
Execution ended after 9111189832 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

On So, 2014-02-02 at 22:20 -0800, prkhr4u wrote:

> I have created a simple pipeline using videomixer for streaming 2 videos from
> 2 IP Cameras simultaneously.
> Here is the pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -e videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink \
> videotestsrc pattern=3 ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=25/1, width=640,
> height=200 ! mix. \
> souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox
> top=0 left=0 ! mix. \
> souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox
> border-alpha=0 top=0 left=-320 ! mix.
>
> But I am able to see only 1 stream (169.254.75.39) the top one only and for
> the second only white background is coming.
> Anyone knows what is the problem here?
First of all, try using GStreamer 1.x and if you can't at least use the
videomixer2 element in 0.10. That should already make many things
better, especially regarding synchronization.

Then also note that videotestsrc is not needed here (videomixer can draw
a background) and the same goes for the videoboxes (you can configure
the alpha and the position on the videomixer sinkpads, see the docs).

Expertise, Straight from the Source

Re: unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

prkhr4u
I tried using videomixer2 ,but the video stops at the first frame only and as before only 1 video is being shown,the other just white background.
Here is what I used:
gst-launch-0.10 -e videomixer2 name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink \
videotestsrc pattern=3 ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=25/1, width=640, height=200 ! mix. \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=1 top=0 left=0 ! mix. \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=1 top=0 left=-320 ! mix.

I also tried without videotestsrc as follows:

gst-launch-0.10 -e videomixer2 name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=1 top=0 left=0 ! mix. \
souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=1 top=0 left=-320 ! mix.

and also as:

gst-launch-0.10 \
  souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.75.39/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=1 top=0 left=0 ! \
  videomixer2 name=mix sink_0::alpha=0.7 sink_1::alpha=0.5 ! \
  ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink \
  souphttpsrc location=http://169.254.126.124/video2.mjpg ! jpegdec ! videobox border-alpha=1 top=0 left=-320 ! mix.

but couldn't play,error like this was coming

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

(gst-launch-0.10:4621): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: _gst_util_uint64_scale_int: assertion `denom > 0' failed

(gst-launch-0.10:4621): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: _gst_util_uint64_scale: assertion `denom != 0' failed

(gst-launch-0.10:4621): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: _gst_util_uint64_scale: assertion `denom != 0' failed

** (gst-launch-0.10:4621): CRITICAL **: gst_video_format_get_size: assertion `width > 0 && height > 0' failed
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:souphttpsrc1: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2625): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:souphttpsrc1:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Caught SIGSEGV accessing address (nil)
Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 4621' to continue debugging, Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core.

Re: unable to stream multiple videos using videomixer

Sebastian Dröge-3
On Di, 2014-02-04 at 20:40 -0800, prkhr4u wrote:
> I tried using videomixer2 ,but the video stops at the first frame only and as
> before only 1 video is being shown,the other just white background.
> Here is what I used:
> [...]

I can't see anything wrong with those pipelines but in any case they
should never crash or cause warnings. Please test if you still have that
problem with the latest 1.2 release, and if it still happens please file
a bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org againts GStreamer. Ideally with a
testcase or at least a debug log.

Expertise, Straight from the Source