pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Prajnashi S
Hi,
The pre-release gst-android-0-10-22-01 is published. Although there
are many bugs, but you can clone repo and build the whole system from
now. Thanks Edwards and other contributes for this project. :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/prajnashi/web/pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Gstreamer modules of this release
    * glib-2.13.0
    * gstreamer-0.10.22
    * gst-plugins-base-0.10.22
    * gst-plugins-good-0.10.14
    * gst-plugins-bad-0.10.10
    * gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.11
    * gst-ffmpeg-0.10.7
    * gst-openmax-0.10.0.4
    * gst-plugins-android
    * libid3tag-0.15.1b
    * libmad-0.15.1b
    * libogg-1.1.3
    * liboil-0.3.11
    * ffmpeg
    * gnonlin-0.10.10

Android's base:
    * android-1.5

Features of this release
    * Support following plugins in gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-base,
      gst-plugin-bad, and gst-plugin-ugly. Other plugins will be added in the
      future
      - gst-plugins-base
            videorate
            playback
            audioconvert
            audiorate
            gdp
            videoscale
            audioresample
            ffmpegcolorspace
            volume
            speexresample
            videotestsrc
            app
            typefind
            audiotestsrc
            ogg
      - gst-plugin-good
            id3demux
            videofilter
            qtdemux
            wavparse
      - gst-plugin-bad
            selector
            fbdev
      - gst-plugin-ugly
            mad
    * gst-openmax cannot work in this release, because the dependency opencore's
      OMX components are upgrade. Please use gst-ffmpeg, libmad, libogg as
      decoder.
    * Add playbin2 based gstreamer MediaPlayerService glue layer in
      gst-plugins-android. Currently, only audio playback is support. Video
      playback is under development.
    * Refine gstaudioflingersink to support android MediaPlayerBase::AudioSink
      interface
    * Change android's "frameworks/base/media" to integrate gstreamer player
      into android's multimedia framework.
    * Extend max share library loaded in a process from 64 to 128 in "bionic"
    * Add a new rule BUILD_PLUGIN_LIBRARY in android's "build"
    *

Known Issues:
    * Music playback in Java player is not smooth.

--
-- Prajnashi S

Re: pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Felipe Contreras
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Prajnashi S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> The pre-release gst-android-0-10-22-01 is published. Although there
> are many bugs, but you can clone repo and build the whole system from
> now. Thanks Edwards and other contributes for this project. :-)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/prajnashi/web/pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Cool :)

Shouldn't this:
  $ repo -u git://github.com/prajnashi/android-gst-manifest.git

Be:
  $ repo init -u git://github.com/prajnashi/android-gst-manifest.git

How about rebasing your patches on top of gst-openmax 0.10.0.5?

--
Felipe Contreras

Re: pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Prajnashi S
Felipe,
I fixed it. For gst-openmax, I plan to start it from next week.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Felipe
Contreras<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Prajnashi S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> The pre-release gst-android-0-10-22-01 is published. Although there
>> are many bugs, but you can clone repo and build the whole system from
>> now. Thanks Edwards and other contributes for this project. :-)
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/prajnashi/web/pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01
>
> Cool :)
>
> Shouldn't this:
>  $ repo -u git://github.com/prajnashi/android-gst-manifest.git
>
> Be:
>  $ repo init -u git://github.com/prajnashi/android-gst-manifest.git
>
> How about rebasing your patches on top of gst-openmax 0.10.0.5?
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras

-- Prajnashi S

Re: pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Prajnashi S
Hi, Felipe,
I just went through your changes in
http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/commits/android with following
questions when rebase to 0.10.0.5

1) Why you want to remove "BUILD_WITH_ANDROID". Don't you want gstomx
in android share same base with other platform?
2) PV omx uses ms as timestamp, which does not compliant with OMX
spec. I asked it in android group, but no one give me reply. The worse
thing is, TI OMX in omapzoom follow it. So, in order to avoid further
changes, I plan to change gstomx to use ms as well.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Felipe
Contreras<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Prajnashi S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> The pre-release gst-android-0-10-22-01 is published. Although there
>> are many bugs, but you can clone repo and build the whole system from
>> now. Thanks Edwards and other contributes for this project. :-)
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/prajnashi/web/pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01
>
> Cool :)
>
> Shouldn't this:
>  $ repo -u git://github.com/prajnashi/android-gst-manifest.git
>
> Be:
>  $ repo init -u git://github.com/prajnashi/android-gst-manifest.git
>
> How about rebasing your patches on top of gst-openmax 0.10.0.5?
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras

-- Prajnashi S

Re: pre-release-gst-android-0-10-22-01

Prajnashi S
BTW,
It seems http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/commits/android still
in 0.10.0.4, right?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Prajnashi S<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Felipe,
> I just went through your changes in
> http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/commits/android with following
> questions when rebase to 0.10.0.5
>
> 1) Why you want to remove "BUILD_WITH_ANDROID". Don't you want gstomx
> in android share same base with other platform?

Well, if we follow that approach then we'll have BUILD_WITH_ANDROID,
BUILD_WITH_TI, BUILD_WITH_BELLAGIO, BUILD_WITH_NOKIA, etc. The code
would quickly become a mess.

The promise of OpenMAX IL is that exactly the same code will work on
all omx implementations, but of course that's not the case.
Workarounds are needed, but they need to be minimized.

Have you noticed the 'omap' branch? Instead of having #ifdefs all over
the place all the workarounds are in one branch, so if you don't use
TI's omx implementation you are not bothered by all that noise.
Ideally TI should fix their implementation so that no workarounds are
needed, and I've been pushing them to do just that. For now if you
want to use TI's omx you need to use the 'omap' branch.

I was thinking the same should be done for Android, however I'm
considering other alternatives. If we follow a different path it won't
be BUILD_WITH_ANDROID, the change in behavior should be at run-time,
and the code for the workaround should be separate from the main code.

For now I think it's better to have an 'android' branch just like the
'omap' branch.

> 2) PV omx uses ms as timestamp, which does not compliant with OMX
> spec. I asked it in android group, but no one give me reply. The worse
> thing is, TI OMX in omapzoom follow it. So, in order to avoid further
> changes, I plan to change gstomx to use ms as well.

That's ok. Do as many changes as you need, however, please make each
workaround a separate commit and clearly specify why it's needed in
the commit message.

--
Felipe Contreras

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Prajnashi S<[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW,
> It seems http://github.com/felipec/gst-openmax/commits/android still
> in 0.10.0.4, right?

Yes, I wanted to make it easy for you to test so I used your code as a
base, and work backwards from there, always having a working version.

If you prefer to start from scratch and implement the workarounds
based on 0.10.0.5 that would be even better :)

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras