gst-launch use question

Chuck Crisler-2
I am trying to use gst-launch to prototype exactly what I am trying to program in C++. I connect to an RTSP source and receive both audio and video. That works fine. The wrinkle is that I need to package these streams into MPEG2T and send them to another system. My C++ almost works, which really means that it doesn't since programming is binary. The MPEGTSMUX element allows multiple request sink pads corresponding to multiple streams to be muxed together to transmit. How do I represent that with gst-launch? What is the syntax? It isn't obvious (at least to me) from the gst-launch man page.

TIA,
Chuck Crisler

Re: gst-launch use question

enthusiastic geek
I haven't used this specific bin but could you try the syntax below to mux audio and video together by replacing mux with mpegtsmux and other bins. (if you provide some pipeline, even if incorrect, as a reference, you are likely to receive more and quicker help)

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=250 \
! 'video/x-raw,format=(string)I420,width=320,height=240,framerate=(fraction)25/1' \
! xvidenc ! queue ! mux. \
audiotestsrc num-buffers=440 ! audioconvert ! 'audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2' \
! lame ! queue ! mux. \
avimux name=mux ! filesink location=test.avi

Re: gst-launch use question

Chuck Crisler-2
Thank you, that worked. Here is the script for reference for others. The syntax makes sense because it follows the syntax for a 'T'.

#!/bin/sh
#export GST_DEBUG=udpsrc:4,rtspsrc:4,*:3
gst-launch -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://someserver:/somefile.sdp name=src \
    src. ! queue ! rtph264depay ! mux. \
    src. ! queue ! rtpmp4gdepay ! mux. \
    mpegtsmux name=mux ! udpsink host=$1 port=$2

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM, enthusiastic geek <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't used this specific bin but could you try the syntax below to mux
audio and video together by replacing mux with mpegtsmux and other bins. (if
you provide some pipeline, even if incorrect, as a reference, you are likely
to receive more and quicker help)

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=250 \
!
'video/x-raw,format=(string)I420,width=320,height=240,framerate=(fraction)25/1'
\
! xvidenc ! queue ! mux. \
audiotestsrc num-buffers=440 ! audioconvert !
'audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2' \
! lame ! queue ! mux. \
avimux name=mux ! filesink location=test.avi

Re: gst-launch use question

enthusiastic geek
Glad it did!  Thanks for posting the pipeline for our reference.