gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

vindi503
Hi,

I  am using gstreamer-1.2.1 package, I have added an edited qtmux file, therefore I have registered the
qtmux plugin i gstelements.c file by below code

gst_element_register(plugin, "qtmux", GST_RANK_NONE, gst_qt_mux_get_type());

But after building the plugin, If I do gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux, I get the undefined symbol error, i.e
Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type()

For this I added below line
G_Define_Type(GstQTMux, gst_qt_mux, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT);

Now I get the below error,
Conflicting types of 'gst_qt_mux_init'

Thanks and Regards.
Vinay

Re: gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

Stefan Sauer
On 01/03/2014 03:44 PM, vindi503 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  am using gstreamer-1.2.1 package, I have added an edited qtmux file,
> therefore I have registered the
> qtmux plugin i gstelements.c file by below code
>
> gst_element_register(plugin, "qtmux", GST_RANK_NONE, gst_qt_mux_get_type());
the gstreamer registry already registers the types for installed
plugins. Did you overwrite the already installed plugin?

Stefan

> But after building the plugin, If I do gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux, I get the
> undefined symbol error, i.e
> Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type()
>
> For this I added below line
> G_Define_Type(GstQTMux, gst_qt_mux, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT);
>
> Now I get the below error,
> Conflicting types of 'gst_qt_mux_init'
>
> Thanks and Regards.
> Vinay

Re: gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

SoureCode
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

vindi503
Hi,

No, I just want you want to install custom qtmux plugin which is modified by me.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinay

Re: gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

vindi503

No, I see there is no qtmux plugin in gstreamer-1.2.1 to overwrite, Instead I added a new plugin i.e qtmux.
But Facing problem in registering

Thanks and Regards,
Vinay

Re: gst-inspect-1.0 qtmux gets an Undefined Symbol: gst_qt_mux_get_type() Error

Sebastian Dröge-3
On Mo, 2014-01-06 at 23:45 -0800, vindi503 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No, I see there is no qtmux plugin in gstreamer-1.2.1 to overwrite, Instead
> I added a new plugin i.e qtmux.
> But Facing problem in registering

qtmux is part of the isomp4 plugin. Can you provide your complete code
and describe what exactly you're doing?

The conflicting types error should be easy to fix, just a normal C
compiler error... the instance init function has a signature like

void gst_qt_mux_init (GstQTMux * mux)

if defined via G_DEFINE_TYPE().

Expertise, Straight from the Source