[decklinksrc] How to add 4k support

Arjen Veenhuizen
So we got a Blackmagic 4k camera [1] with an accompanying Blackmagic Decklink 4k Extreme capture card [2]. The blackmagic drivers are properly installed and everything is working OK with bmdcapture and ffmpeg.

Unfortunately, decklinksrc seems to only support up till mode 18 (three variants of 4k are registered as mode 20, 21, 22 in the decklink drivers). How can I add 4k support to decklinksrc? Is it straightforward or does it require a lot of modifications? Any pointers? I'll be happy to contribute my modifications once I got things running.

Thx!

[1] http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicproductioncamera4k
[2] http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/models/

Re: [decklinksrc] How to add 4k support

walkingeyerobot
It looks like the code for the decklink modes is here:

Adding the new modes to those 2 places is likely a good place to start. Let us know how it works out.

-Mitch

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Arjen Veenhuizen <[hidden email]> wrote:
So we got a Blackmagic 4k camera [1] with an accompanying Blackmagic Decklink
4k Extreme capture card [2]. The blackmagic drivers are properly installed
and everything is working OK with bmdcapture and ffmpeg.

Unfortunately, decklinksrc seems to only support up till mode 18 (three
variants of 4k are registered as mode 20, 21, 22 in the decklink drivers).
How can I add 4k support to decklinksrc? Is it straightforward or does it
require a lot of modifications? Any pointers? I'll be happy to contribute my
modifications once I got things running.

Thx!

[1] http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicproductioncamera4k
[2] http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/models/

Re: [decklinksrc] How to add 4k support

Edward Hervey-4

  It *should* just be a matter of adding the proper lines for detecting
those modes and exposing proper caps (i.e. different
width/height/framerate..).

  See gstdecklink.{cpp,h}, you should just have to add the proper lines
there.

  We track bugs and patches on bugzilla.gnome.org (product: GStreamer,
component: gst-plugins-bad). You're welcome to open a bug there and
provide your patches (or a link to a public git repository) there.

  I have this sneaking suspicion we're going to hit interesting
performance ""problems"" with this bitrate :)

    Edward