any simple-to-use framework using farstream and gstreamer?

any simple-to-use framework using farstream and gstreamer?

billy
Hi,

I wonder if there is any minimal example on using farstream and gstreamer with libnice (nicesrc and
nicesink) for voice and video call. ICE and NAT related issues should be considered as well.

It would be greate if there is any sample gst apps using nice plugins to check
with RTP and SRTP streaming.

I have tried telepathy-farstream-0.6.0, but there are endless unmet dependencies
packages to take care.

which direction should I go? Farsight, Farstream, Telepathy-farstream?

Best,
Billy

Re: any simple-to-use framework using farstream and gstreamer?

Olivier Crête-3
Hi,

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 20:16 -0700, billy wrote:
> I wonder if there is any minimal example on using farstream and gstreamer
> with libnice (nicesrc and
> nicesink) for voice and video call. ICE and NAT related issues should be
> considered as well.
>
> It would be greate if there is any sample gst apps using nice plugins to
> check
> with RTP and SRTP streaming.

> which direction should I go? Farsight, Farstream, Telepathy-farstream?

Farsight is just older versions of Farstream, so don't use that.

If you want simple examples of Farstream usage, look in the examples
directory, the command-line one is very simple (and doesn't use ICE as
there is no signalling at all), the gui one uses ICE by default.

That said, if you want a fully feature protocol, I recommend you use
XMPP with Telepathy-Gabble, which also means using a fully-featured
Telepathy client (like Empathy)

--
Olivier Crête

Re: any simple-to-use framework using farstream and gstreamer?

billy
Much appreciated for the suggestions!

Best,
Billy