What is the best way to generate HLS?

David Ing
I need to use Gstreamer to render to HLS format.  The only solutions I found were from gst-plugins-bad:
  • empegtsmux
  • hlssink
Are these the best elements to use?

Should I be afraid to use these elements because they are in gst-plugins-bad?  Are these plugins in a good state, or will I experience all kinds of problems when I use them?

Re: What is the best way to generate HLS?

ShilVin
Hi David,

mpegtsmux and hlssink are pretty stable. But mpegtsmux has high muxer
overhead for audio streams and lower bitates.
Apart from this I do not see any challenge.

You can try new hlssink2 of gstreamer 1.14 release too.