VAAPI for Windows?

Ralph
Is VAAPI available on Windows?
The release notes for version 1.8 claim that VAAPI should be integrated with GStreamer.

I'm looking for an h264 encoder which could be used in a commercial application.
x264enc is GPL, which means I can't use it.
vaapih264enc is LGPL, but I can't find VAAPI in my GStreamer 1.8.2 for Windows.

AW: VAAPI for Windows?

Thornton, Keith
Hi
vaapi is not available for windows. If you have an Intel processor which supports QuickSync, You might like to look at their Media SDK. There isn't a gstreamer wrapper for it but it isn't hard to implement. I have one but it isn't fit for publication :-(
regards

Re: AW: VAAPI for Windows?

Ralph
Unfortunately the software must run on all x86 and x64 compatible processors (AMD for example), not only Intel.

Is there any alternative to x264enc on Windows which is not GPL?

Re: AW: VAAPI for Windows?

Olivier Crête-3
Hi,

You can use openh264, which is BSD licensed, and has the nice property
that if your application download the openh264 library directly from
Cisco, you also get a free patent license from Cisco (otherwise you may
have to pay for each user).

Olivier