Using decodebin producing errors when reading a video file

Using decodebin producing errors when reading a video file

ram469
Hi,

I am trying to read an mp4 file using the below pipeline

*gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.mp4 ! decodebin ! videoconvert !
xvimagesink*

Experiencing the below error for GStramer 1.14.5

/Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
nvbuf_utils: Could not get EGL display connection
Opening in BLOCKING MODE
NvMMLiteOpen : Block : BlockType = 261
NVMEDIA: Reading vendor.tegra.display-size : status: 6
NvMMLiteBlockCreate : Block : BlockType = 261
WARNING: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0:
not negotiated
Additional debug info:
gstbasetransform.c(1415): gst_base_transform_reconfigure ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0:
not negotiated
ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0: Internal
data stream error.
Additional debug info:
qtdemux.c(6073): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ..
/

where as in GStreamer 1.14.1 the above command seems to be working fine.

Could somebody please help me to debug the issue.

Thanks,
Ram

Re: Using decodebin producing errors when reading a video file

Michael Gruner
This is just a guess (I haven’t tested it). But I noticed this message:

> nvbuf_utils: Could not get EGL display

Did you for a chance ssh’ed into the board with X forwarding? (ssh -X or -Y) NVIDIA stuff doesn’t like it when you do that because it’s unable to find the display from which to allocate things from.