Usage of h264parse and rtph264pay

Raya
Hello,

Could you please explain to me what h264parse and rtph264pay do?
Do they modify the alignment (nal, au) of h264 file present in a pipeline?Or should I use in the pipeline "video/x-h264, format=byte-stream, alignment=nal" ?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Usage of h264parse and rtph264pay

Nicolas Dufresne-5
Le mardi 25 juillet 2017 à 08:16 -0700, Mariem a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Could you please explain to me what h264parse and rtph264pay do?
> Do they modify the alignment (nal, au) of h264 file present in a
> pipeline?Or
> should I use in the pipeline "video/x-h264, format=byte-stream,
> alignment=nal" ?

What they do depends on the input and output format negotiated.
h264parse is about extracting missing information, and if needed
splitting into packets and/or transforming packet format. Note that
caps field for the format is "stream-format", not "format".

rtph264pay have similar capabilities as h264parse in term of stream-
format conversion (just to make h264parse optional, hence lower
latency), though it can only packetize in RTP packets, adding RTP
payload.