Typefind is not able to determine AAC-LATM stream correctly

Vnd

Typefind is not able to determine AAC-LATM stream correctly

Vnd
Hi All,
I am trying to decode AAC-LATM audio elementary stream, avdec_aac is not able to decode the stream as stream-format is detected as loas by typefind. I have given pipeline dumps below and input can be downloaded from http://goo.gl/QGCP1E .

Why latm stream-format is detected as loas?

gst-launch filesrc location=aac_latm.aac ! decodebin ! fakesink -v

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src: caps = audio/mpeg, framed=(boolean)false, mpegversion=(int)4, stream-format=(string)loas

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src: caps = NULL
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstAacParse:aacparse0.GstPad:src: caps = audio/mpeg, framed=(boolean)true, mpegversion=(int)4, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2, stream-format=(string)loas
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/avdec_aac_latm:avdec_aac_latm0.GstPad:sink: caps = audio/mpeg, framed=(boolean)true, mpegversion=(int)4, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2, stream-format=(string)loas

I am able to decode adts stream without any issue.

Thanks in Advance
Sudhir

Re: Typefind is not able to determine AAC-LATM stream correctly

harishjennykn
avdec_aac_latm plugin has caps with stream-format as 'loas'.  aacparse finds loas header and frames.

The attached sample gets decoded from the latest gst-libav branch.
gst-launch-1.0  filesrc location = ~/Downloads/aac_latm.aac  ! decodebin  ! audioconvert ! alsasink -v does work !

~HJ
Vnd

Re: Typefind is not able to determine AAC-LATM stream correctly

Vnd
Hi HJ,
I am using gst-libav-1.2.2 for my experiments. Let me try with lgst-ibav-1.2.3.
Thank you for the response.