Trying to port mssdemux to gstreamer 0.10.36

Trying to port mssdemux to gstreamer 0.10.36

NITESH LALLER
Hello, I am new to gstreamer, i am trying to port mssdemux from 1.1 version to gstreamer 0.10.36. How should i proceed, is there any porting guide or any other reference manual ?

Its using GstUriDownloader for downloading fragments and gst_event_new_stream_start (stream_id) for pushing event for new stream which are not present in 0.10.36 .

Thanks

Re: Trying to port mssdemux to gstreamer 0.10.36

Edward Hervey
Hi,

On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 02:13 +0530, NITESH LALLER wrote:
> Hello, I am new to gstreamer, i am trying to port mssdemux from 1.1
> version to gstreamer 0.10.36. How should i proceed, is there any
> porting guide or any other reference manual ?

  No. And we won't do that. You can use 1.x which is the officially
supported series. 0.10 is no longer supported.

    Edward

P.S. It's called "backporting" and not "porting". Unless you're confused
about the 1 and 10 and missed the decimal point (1.0 is greater than
0.10).

> Its using GstUriDownloader for downloading fragments
> and gst_event_new_stream_start (stream_id) for pushing event for new
> stream which are not present in 0.10.36 .
>

> Thanks

Re: Trying to backport mssdemux to gstreamer 0.10.36

nitesh
Right i want to backport it to 0.1 version and am facing some problem in creating new event for stream start in gstreamer 0.1, as there is no function like gst_event_new_stream_start() present in it.
Is there any other way to achieve it ?

Re: Trying to backport mssdemux to gstreamer 0.10.36

Sebastian Dröge
On So, 2013-07-21 at 02:20 -0700, nitesh.lr wrote:
> Right i want to backport it to 0.1 version and am facing some problem in
> creating new event for stream start in gstreamer 0.1, as there is no
> function like gst_event_new_stream_start() present in it.
> Is there any other way to achieve it ?

Why would you ever want to do that?

Anyway, there's no stream-start event at all in 0.10. If it's somewhere
required for MSS you have to add some hack to make things work,
otherwise it can just be omitted. Read the porting guide to 1.0 and just
do the reverse.

Re: Trying to backport mssdemux to gstreamer 0.10.36

nitesh
thanks..
i have tried to build it. Pipeline is like:
gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc uri="http://url/Manifest" ! myplugin ! qtdemux ! aacparse ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! autoaudiosink

myplugin is doing all smooth streaming stuff and testing it for audio only.

In this fragments are downloading one by one and pushing to src pad and after download of all fragments sending an EOS event. Problem is pipeline is getting stuck to PREROLLING... and after the download of all fragments its coming to PLAYING state and exists immediately.