Sporadic stall during seeking on Gstreamer 1.10.4 (Debian 9, Ubuntu 17.10)

Sporadic stall during seeking on Gstreamer 1.10.4 (Debian 9, Ubuntu 17.10)

Dinesh Iyer

Hello Gstreamer developers,

I would like to report a sporadic stall in gstreamer 1.10.4 (Debian 9) or higher versions while reading video files. I have created a standalone script, the file and the video file can be found in the following location:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14Qss_2-EBeRb5k204pcoIz7_AgmR1FRl

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15xZ1wcuQBN7pPxU7Ru08hSR7YagUQV6w

The GDB stack trace from my machine can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M8Srjd1Qp4Y8C8Edepme2lwzzWSpOZM3

The stall seems to be appearing in gst_element_seek_simple ().

Here is what I am trying to do in my application:

  1. Create the playbin.
  2. Set the playbin to PLAYING.
  3. Seek and read the first frame.
  4. Seek and read the 41st frame and read 4 more samples (file has a total of 45 frames).
  5. Seek back to 1st frame. That is where the STALL happens.

I have put the number of iterations to be 5000 but usually the stall appears in around 200-300 iterations.

Can you please confirm if this is a bug in Gstreamer and if there is a way to avoid the stall while reading the file using Gstreamer?

Thanks!

Re: Sporadic stall during seeking on Gstreamer 1.10.4 (Debian 9, Ubuntu 17.10)

Dinesh Iyer
Hi team,
I just wanted to know if you had an opportunity to look into this issue and were able to reproduce this with the steps provided. This is kind of a show-stopper for us. Appreciate any inputs an advance.

Dinesh