Regarding video stream receive

Shilpa Chandrappa
Hi All,

I need to implement an application where I have an API which takes character buffer as input and performs some operation. I need to feed the rtsp video streams coming from IP Camera through  gstreamer to the API continuosly. API accepts only character buffer as input.

Set up

IP Camera  ->  GSTREAMER  ->  API
Pipelines used:rtspsrc , rtph264depay.

Give me some idea how to achieve this ?

-Shilpa

Re: Regarding video stream receive

Sebastian Dröge-3
On Fr, 2013-12-27 at 02:21 -0800, Shilpa Chandrappa wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need to implement an application where I have an API which takes character
> buffer as input and performs some operation. I need to feed the rtsp video
> streams coming from IP Camera through  gstreamer to the API continuosly. API
> accepts only character buffer as input.
>
> Set up
>
> IP Camera  ->  GSTREAMER  ->  API
> Pipelines used:rtspsrc , rtph264depay.
>
> Give me some idea how to achieve this ?
What kind of "character buffer"? h264 data? Raw video data? In both
cases, which formats exactly?

Take a look at the appsink plugin, it provides a way for your
application to receive the buffers from GStreamer and then do whatever
you want with them. Like passing the contained data to some other API.

Expertise, Straight from the Source

Re: Regarding video stream receive

Shilpa Chandrappa
I need to receive h264 data via rtsp and pass it to an API as character buffer.

Thanks,
Shilpa