Regarding Blocking Source

Shilpa Chandrappa
Hi,

While blocking source using probe, is there any chances of frames getting dropped ?

What is the max bytes that can buffered while blocking the source ?

Regards,
Shilpa Chandrappa

Re: Regarding Blocking Source

ved kpl
If you are referring to appsrc, then have a look at it;s properties.

- Vikram

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 6:22 PM, ved kpl <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is the exact scenario?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Shilpa Chandrappa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

While blocking source using probe, is there any chances of frames getting
dropped ?

What is the max bytes that can buffered while blocking the source ?

Regards,
Shilpa Chandrappa

Re: Regarding Blocking Source

Shilpa Chandrappa
I need to implement the approach suggested in this (http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Regarding-multifilesink-creation-of-multiple-files-td4666252.html) link.

I would like to know, blocking source will drop frames or it buffers ? Frame drop is not an option for us.

Regarding,
Shilpa Chandrappa

Re: Regarding Blocking Source

Sebastian Dröge-3
On Mo, 2014-04-21 at 06:16 -0700, Shilpa Chandrappa wrote:
> I need to implement the approach suggested in this
> (http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Regarding-multifilesink-creation-of-multiple-files-td4666252.html)
> link.
>
> I would like to know, blocking source will drop frames or it buffers ? Frame
> drop is not an option for us.

That depends on your source. Non-live sources should not drop data and
no buffering is necessary there at all (they just won't produce more
data while blocked and continue where they stopped after unblocking).

Live sources will drop data at some point if you block for too long.

Expertise, Straight from the Source

Re: Regarding Blocking Source

Shilpa Chandrappa
Thank you for your input.

For a live source, how long the source can be blocked with no frame drops ? What is the max duration it can hold data before dropping the frames.

On Di, 2014-04-22 at 04:16 -0700, Shilpa Chandrappa wrote:
> Thank you for your input.
>
> For a live source, how long the source can be blocked with no frame drops ?
> What is the max duration it can hold data before dropping the frames.

That completely depends on the source... but how long are you expecting
to block one source?

Expertise, Straight from the Source