Reducing Buffering time in Playbin

Raj Swaminathan
Hi,

Im using playbin to stream URLs and play local Mp3 Files. However it takes abt 30 secs to fill the buffer associated with playbin.

When using my own pipeline ... theres almost no buffering ....
./gst-launch -v souphttpsrc location=http://wbez-sclo.streamguys.us/ ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink

Can somebody suggest a way to reduce the buffering time with playbin.
Thanks a lot.

regards,
raj

Re: Reducing Buffering time in Playbin

Rob Gil

Check the "queue-size" property of playbin. Its default value is set to 30 seconds.

Rob

> Hi,
>
> Im using playbin to stream URLs and play local Mp3 Files. However it takes abt 30 secs to fill the buffer associated with playbin.
>
> When using my own pipeline ... theres almost no buffering ....
> ./gst-launch -v souphttpsrc location=http://wbez-sclo.streamguys.us/ ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! alsasink
>
> Can somebody suggest a way to reduce the buffering time with playbin.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> regards,
> raj

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now