Re: Video output device selection

Subodh
Hi,

I have two DVI monitors connected to my system (Debian 7.4).
I want to select the monitor on which the video output is displayed.
Is it possible to accomplish this task using gstreamer framework ?
If not, what other tools can work with a gstreamer pipeline to accomplish this.
Thanks.

--
Regards
Subodh

Re: Video output device selection

harishjennykn
you should be able to do it with the 'device' or 'device-name' property of videosink  ( for ex. xvimagesink )
you just need to know the number of the video adaptor which is passed to the 'device' property. ( you could try randomly from 0 also  !!!! )

Re: Video output device selection

Subodh
Hi,

Thanks for the tip.
But my X configuration is treating both displays as :0 hence I could not specify the redirection correctly.
Any help on X configuration in current systems is welcome. My target is to use Gstreamer-VAAPI plugins.
I am experimenting with Debian 7.4 and Fedora 18 both GNOME.

Regards,
Subodh

Re: Video output device selection

Dave
Hi Subodh,
You could try rendering on to your own window with the overlay
function, moving the window to the desired screen by setting
the window coordinates then full-screening it. Not perfect but that's
the way I do it in Gnome.

Regards,

Dave.

Re: Video output device selection

Subodh
Dave,
Thanks for a possible solution.
But a more detailed search suggested that the configuration I am trying to achieve is called MultiHead configuration or DIH (Dual independent head.
Also with more development on X Window systems and Wayland the information I need could be controlled by the Window managers in their configurations.

Exploring the XOrg to see if can get something to work.