RTP Support in Encodebin

Justin McAteer

I have gotten RTP de-payloading working with Decodebin. I have not been able to figure out the correct Caps or Profile to get Encodebin to handle RTP payloading. Should Encodebin be expected to handle RTP payloading? That was my assumption, given that Decodebin handles depayloading.

Thank You,
Justin McAteer
Motorola Solutions

Your privacy is important to us. That is why we have taken appropriate measures to ensure the data you provide to us is kept secure. To learn more about how we process your personal information, how we comply with applicable data protection laws, and care for the security and privacy of your personal data, please review our Privacy Policy. If you have any questions related to data protection and compliance with applicable laws, please contact us at our Security Operations Center at 1-302-444-9838 or mail us at:

Attention: Privacy Compliance Program, P.O. Box 59263, Schaumburg, IL USA, 60159-0263

Re: RTP Support in Encodebin

Tim Müller
On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 09:40 -0600, Justin McAteer wrote:

Hi Justin,

> I have gotten RTP de-payloading working with Decodebin. I have not
> been able to figure out the correct Caps or Profile to get Encodebin
> to handle RTP payloading. Should Encodebin be expected to handle RTP
> payloading? That was my assumption, given that Decodebin handles
> depayloading.

I think originally it wasn't really written to be a symmetric
equivalent to decodebin, but with a file encoding use case in mind.

There are some patches in gitlab that allow plugging splitmuxsink into
it, it's possible those might be useful for your use case as well.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/issues/304

Cheers
 Tim