RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.21 'We Could Be Wrong'
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.21 'We Could Be Wrong'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Continue playbin2 development
* Ogg improvements - CELT support, skeleton fixes
* DVD subpicture support
* Improved audio dithering random number generator
* xvimagesink/ximagesink fixes
* Vorbis encoding and decoding fixes
* Recognise Kate subtitle streams
* Many bug-fixes and enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 537380 : [gnomevfssrc] Doesn't handle short reads properly
* 538656 : xvimagesink support for autofill/colorkey property
* 540334 : Build fails without X in tests/examples/seek
* 528299 : Multiple GstMixerTracks with the same label cause problem...
* 530068 : Ogg Streams with Skeleton and Granulepos > 0 do not work(...
* 537009 : playbin2 silly typo breaks signals
* 537045 : decodebin2 sometimes emits 'drained' multiple times
* 537599 : [oggdemux] skeleton streams not skipped in ogg
* 537889 : [xvimagesink] colorbalance is bad
* 538232 : vorbisenc/vorbisdec don't work with a live source
* 538663 : gdppay memleak in gst_gdp_pay_reset
* 540215 : decodebin does not insert a queue for raw data type
* 540351 : [avidemux] Doesn't know about Duck DK4 ADPCM
* 540497 : ffmpegcolorspace is returning wrong size
* 541358 : cross mingw32 gcc: getaddrinfo is not in ws2_32.dll befor...
* 544306 : rtspsrc debug=1 segfaults with some libc
* 548898 : GStreamer-CRITICAL errors on seeking beyond stream borders
* 548913 : vorbisenc being picky about rounding errors in timestamps
* 549062 : Video devices aren't updated on subsequent probing.
* 549814 : [typefind] add application/pdf typefinder
* 550582 : [oggdemux] KATE streams not recognised
* 550638 : [typefind] Recognize some jpeg2k file types
* 550656 : recognize TrueSpeech in wavparse
* 550729 : gst-plugins-base won't compile with " -pedantic " option
* 552960 : tagdemux asserts and aborts on truncated files
* 553244 : theoraparse doesn't work at all (throws criticals and ass...
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* Add "index" property to GstMixerTrack to differantiate between
multiple mixer tracks with the same label.
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Dessina
* Andy Wingo
* Antoine Tremblay
* Damien Lespiau
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Evgeniy Stepanov
* Frederic Crozat
* Jan Gerber
* Jan Schmidt
* Jonathan Matthew
* Julien Moutte
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Michael Smith
* Mike Ruprecht
* Sam Morris
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Vincent Penquerc'h
* Wim Taymans
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel