RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.17 'Peanut Butter and Jelly'
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.17 'Peanut Butter and Jelly'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Work-around ABI breakage due to unfortunate use of the GST_DISABLE_DEPRECATED macro
* Export 2 missing functions needed for bindings in the win32 build
* Initialise the GstRingBuffer GType from a thread-safe context
Bugs fixed in this release
* 511825 : [RTSP] compiler warning on FreeBSD
* 513018 : crash in Volume Control: I typed my password at t...
* 512334 : g_critical() when using GstAudioFilter & GST_DEBUG
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.