RELEASE: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.9 'Matters Of Fact'
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.9 'Matters Of Fact'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-insÂ 0.10.9 "Matters of fact"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* New CELT encoder and decoder
* New TwoLAME encoder
* New DCCP element
* New AIFF parser element
* New APEX sink element
* deinterlace2 element improvements
* New JACK audio src element
* New winscreencap, winks and pcapparse plugins
* x624enc fixes
* Support for ATSC tuning and channels.conf parsing
* RTP improvements
* New scaletempo element
* Add Fluendo MPEG-TS muxer
* Add Fluendo MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS demuxers
* New JPEG2000 element
* New FLAC parser element
* DVD playback improvements
* Improved DirectShow decoding support
* New Windows Audio Session audio src element
* New FLV muxer element
* Many other bug fixes and improvements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 537700 : [scaletempo] Scale audio tempo in sync with playback rate
* 550468 : [name conflict] New Fluendo mpeg demuxers
* 545197 : jackaudiosrc
* 555244 : Output-selector has unexpected event forwarding right aft...
* 402593 : deinterleave gives corrupt output
* 406673 : Need AIFF parser
* 535527 : [real] Real video/audio stream fails to play
* 537455 : ATSC: VSB / QAM Annex B support
* 538500 : AIFF file doesn't play
* 542390 : Implementation of DCCP Plugin for gstreamer
* 542510 : [apexsink] Apple AirPort Express Wireless Sink
* 545247 : use g_setenv() insteed of setenv() in sdlvideosink.c
* 546312 : Make the metadata writable before modifying it in rtpmanager
* 549409 : gstrtpbin don't stop at the end of a stream
* 549774 : audio / video synchronization glitch during rtsp playback
* 550486 : [faac] Negotiation problem with mono audio for some sampl...
* 550657 : New element jasperdec
* 552506 : [neonhttpsrc] doesn't handle/throw errors correctly
* 552536 : fix incomplete change to gstdvbsrc.c
* 553755 : [mpegpsdemux] FP exception when playing tv2-1_25.mpg
* 555193 : [ELEMENT-MOVE] Move mpegtsparse element into mpegdemux pl...
* 555198 : [mpegpsdemux] Lower the RANK to MARGINAL for next release
* 555912 : [apexsink] Missing from ext/Makefile.am
* 555965 : Missing space after point mark
* 555968 : Missing space after point mark
* 555969 : Missing space after point mark
* 556003 : [flvdemux] Regression in handling flow returns in pull-mode
* 556274 : [aiffparse] Uses debugging methods before debugging is in...
* 556338 : Failed to configure latency
* 556428 : [mpegpsdemux] Creates invalid newsegment events
* 556430 : [inputselector] Assumes there's always an otherpad
* 556440 : [PATCH] crash on demuxing certain transport streams
* 556482 : [PATCH] crash in mpegtsparse get_encoding_and_convert
* 556564 : [flvmux] Copy & paste bugs resulting in invalid files
* 556588 : [apexsink] should not have PRIMARY rank
* 557080 : [mpegpsdemux] Regression with reverse-playback
* 543480 : gstrtpbin fails to release lock while emitting signal
* 556520 : jitterbuffer seqnum gap detection is wrong
* 463941 : Plugin for screen capture on windows
* 519935 : New plugin for video capture on Windows
* 520899 : New plugin: pcapparse
* 520901 : New plugin: wasapi (Windows Audio Session API)
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.