This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.6 'A Big Deep Breath'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-bad
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-insÂ 0.10.6 "A Big Deep Breath"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* DVB support added
* dc1394 support
* RTP-manager improvements
* Support for native QT codecs on OS/X and DirectShow codecs on Windows, courtesy of Songbird and Fluendo
* New elements: flvdemux, flvparse, mpegtsparse, dvbsrc, dvdspu
* More new elements: mpeg4videoparse, metadatademux/mux, souphttpsrc, speexresample, qtwrapper
* Even more new elements: rawaudioparse, fbdevsink
* Renamed elements/plugins: switch (now selector), pitch (now soundtouch)
* Elements graduated to good: multifilesrc/sink, spectrum, equalizer, bpwsinc, lpwsinc
* Elements graduated to ugly: xingmux (now part of mpegaudioparse)
* OpenGL support moved to new module: gst-plugins-gl
* appsrc/appsink improvements
* Fixes in neonhttpsrc
* Fixes in amrwbparse
* Deinterlacer improvements
* Fixes in dtsdec
* Fixes in the Real codec wrappers
Bugs fixed in this release
* 321240 : [PLUGIN-MOVE] dfbvideosink should be moved from -bad to -...
* 508029 : [speexresample] pops/glitches in some cases
* 508294 : [realaudiodec] crash in set_caps dereferencing NULL funcs...
* 387251 : New Plugin! : dc1394 Adds Support for firewire (1394) IID...
* 393461 : [Real] Location of .so varies on each distribution
* 395424 : neonhttpsrc lacks support for proxy servers
* 397759 : Xingmux may not write a proper Xing/VBR header
* 403992 : [new plugin] timidity based midi decoder
* 409974 : Code for improved GStreamer resampler (based on speex res...
* 426657 : Add support for SDP multicast description files
* 433373 : [win32] autogenerated win32/common/config.h needed
* 444499 : build of fresh CVS is failing in ext/sdl
* 450175 : gcc-2.9x build fixes
* 450605 : Missing files in po/POTFILES.in
* 452009 : ./configure breaks when cross-compiling FAAD2
* 452258 : [mpeg2enc] make work with mjpegtools 1.9
* 453636 : dvbsrc needs more flexible adapter selection
* 454078 : [ivorbis] header files missing in release tarball
* 454313 : missing xml files to build docs/plugins
* 456901 : PATCH: add several missing supported mime-types to the mo...
* 456912 : PATCH: make wildmidi plugin check for /etc/timidity.cfg
* 461068 : Seeking not properly implemented by the pitch plugin
* 461373 : HP-UX 11.11 build with native compiler
* 461377 : [festival] port to GStreamer-0.10
* 461601 : Some files missing from POTFILES.in
* 462737 : compilation breaks with g++-4.2 and gcc-4.2
* 464678 : Add connection-speed property to mmssrc element
* 468039 : [mythtvsrc] missing examples for live tv in gst-inspect
* 471554 : real media videos do not work
* 473562 : [rtpmanager] cvs build problem due to compiler warning
* 474969 : [neonhttpsrc] fails to play radio streams with neon > =0.26
* 476128 : Printf format fixes
* 476148 : Add mpeg4 video parser
* 476159 : memleak patch to rtpmanager
* 476370 : [faad] shouldn't set channel-positions for mono and stereo
* 477306 : amrwbenc has not property to select band mode
* 478566 : Add notification of active SSRCs to the RTP manager
* 481200 : gstneonhttpsrc discards GET parameters from URL
* 481276 : [mpegtsparse] " not linked (-1) " error
* 481279 : [mpegtsparse] partial corruption of the output stream
* 483400 : mpegtsparse: PAT with version 0 incorrectly skipped by pa...
* 484990 : memleak - missing g_free() rtpmanager/gstrtpbin.c
* 485462 : alsaspdifsink uses wrong sample rate
* 487496 : [dvdspu] fails to link on Mac OS
* 487892 : [mpegtsparse] getting pat-info property before PAT is ava...
* 487901 : [mpegtsparse] stale PAT info when switching from PLAYING ...
* 490060 : [faac] a few minor issues: bitrate, enum nick for low com...
* 490682 : [interleave] can't create more than one request sink pad
* 492406 : Crasher in libgstdshow on Windows/MSVC
* 492798 : [rtpmanager] build issues on Windows/MSVC
* 496221 : Streaming FLV's over HTTP doesn't work, for totem and the...
* 498430 : incomplete CVS commit
* 498667 : gstreamer segfaults in faac
* 498755 : FLV files incorrectly report framerate of 1000fps
* 499008 : mpeg2enc ignores the incoming stream aspect property
* 500099 : Fixes and improvements to souphttpsrc
* 500142 : switch element in switch plugin should be renamed
* 501579 : rtpmanager should emit a signal when it can associate a s...
* 502335 : [souphttpsrc] some enhancements
* 502879 : videoparse segmentation fault
* 503308 : Changing tempo using pitch plugin doesn't update length info
* 507020 : [rtpjitterbuffer] unreffing peeked buffer and not popping...
* 507584 : gio: gstgiobasesrc.c does not compile with CVS version of...
* 507940 : rtpsession:rtp_send_src shouldnt not have fixed caps
* 508515 : [rtpbin] allow request_new_pad with name NULL
* 508587 : Improvement to rtpsession
* 508979 : Enhancement for xingmux
* 510708 : [souphttpsrc] support for libsoup-2.4
* 511001 : enhanced deinterlace plugin
* 511146 : rtpjitterbuffer should not return an error on no-caps
* 511530 : DTS library API change?
* 511683 : gstrtpbin fails to associate streams together for lipsync
* 511686 : make gstrtpjitterbuffer respect different clock rates for...
* 511920 : rtpsource queue full tries to treat GstBuffer as GstObject
* 512654 : [h264parse] does not build in cvs head (unused variable i...
* 512774 : [rtpjitterbuffer] does not accept clock rate from caps
* 512826 : switch / selector event leak
* 514093 : bug in configure.ac prevents glimagesink plugin from bein...
* 515564 : souphttpsrc unit test fails to build
* 515567 : [states] States unit test should exclude the dvb plugin
* 515588 : Warning building tremor plugin
* 515720 : [xvid] Memory leak caused by not unsetting GValue
* 515721 : [rfb] rfbsrc leaking the rfb decoder
* 515722 : [fbdev] Leaking the device property string
* 515815 : [mpegvideoparse] fix a few new memory leaks
* 515860 : plugins should not install headers - fix metadata
* 515919 : Fix a bunch of finalize leaks
* 515964 : [docs] Still contains docs for the GIO plugin although it...
* 515970 : [dshowdecwrapper] Doesn't chain up dispose function properly
* 516061 : [h264parse] fix a few new memory leaks
* 516094 : Remove glimagesink from -bad
* 516114 : dvbbasebin leaks the location string when the uri handler...
* 516160 : gstrtpbin did not ignore streams with no SR when doing as...
* 516436 : [dvdsub] segfault on display of 1st subpicture in 2nd cha...
* 516448 : criticals due to missing debug category init in mpegtsparse
* 516499 : critical caused by assuming optional property " descriptor...
* 517391 : [tta] Doesn't link with libm
* 517571 : small memory leak in gstrtpbin
* 517684 : [mythtvsrc] Small bug fixes
* 478159 : Could not decode realvideo buffer
* 497020 : Add fully async HTTP source based on libsoup.
* 501562 : [switch] bogus locking order
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Alexander Shopov
* Andrzej Mendel
* Andy Wingo
* Armando Taffarel Neto
* Bastien Nocera
* Christian Schaller
* Daniel Charles
* David Schleef
* Edgard Lima
* Edward Hervey
* Gabriel Bouvigne
* Gautier Portet
* Hans de Goede
* Ian Munro
* Ilkka Tuohela
* Jakub Bogusz
* Jan Schmidt
* Jens Granseuer
* Johan Dahlin
* Jonathan Matthew
* Jorge GonzÃ¡lez GonzÃ¡lez
* Josep Torra Valles
* Julien Moutte
* Laurent Glayal
* Michael KÃ¶tter
* Michael Smith
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Olivier Crete
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Raphael Higino
* Renato Filho
* RenÃ© Stadler
* Richard Hult
* Sean D'Epagnier
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Green
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wai-Ming Ho
* Wenzheng Hu
* Wim Taymans
* Wouter Cloetens
* Wouter Paesen
* Youness Alaoui
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
* mutex at runbox dot com
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
gstreamer-devel mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|