RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.21 'Take These Things From Me'
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.21 'Take These Things From Me'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.21 "Take These Things From Me"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enhancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Basetransform rework
* Basesink synchronisation extensions
* New documentation
* Many bug fixes, enhancements and optimisations
Bugs fixed in this release
* 481169 : [tag] add support for geo tags (gps location etc.)
* 520694 : adding GST_TAG_KEYWORDS
* 538201 : deleting the control point at ts=0 does not lower the con...
* 544855 : fakesrc and fakesink should call super::event()
* 339795 : [GstBaseTransform] Reverse negotiation issues in passthro...
* 348114 : [PPC64?] [gcc-4.1.2?] GST_BUFFER_IN_CAPS flag should have...
* 361718 : [basetransform] needs API to force renegotiation
* 533856 : gst_buffer_join() documentation is unclear
* 536978 : GTKDOC_CFLAGS should include CFLAGS
* 537804 : [multiqueue] wrongly reporting that the queue is full.
* 537812 : [check] add api to setup a pad by name
* 538568 : Add GST_TAG_ATTACHMENT
* 539772 : gst_pad_template_new() does more than call g_object_new()
* 542175 : gst-inspect --gst-plugins-path fails with multiple direct...
* 543444 : gst_base_sink_get_position can return 0 unexpectedly
* 543853 : Bison version check failure on OSX 10.4 Tiger
* 544174 : [basesrc] allow dynamic value of the seekable value.
* 544776 : [win32] binary registry may fail if glib is using a diffe...
* 545352 : gsturi is too restrictive
* 545603 : gst-inspect: don't print uri handler when compiled withou...
* 545605 : gstelementfactory: don't use uri handler code without uri...
* 545607 : gst: include gstconfig when using macros defined therein
* 545853 : [basetransform] rewrite
* 546328 : fractions with G_MAXINT cause failure for fixation
* 546822 : gstreamer doesn't tell gettext to output its translations...
* 547277 : filesrc detect if a file is seekable using SEEK_SET and n...
* 547728 : [basetransform] fail on buffer_alloc
* 548394 : basesink should ignore EOS during flushing
* 548652 : [Inconsistency] GST_TAG_LOCATION is used for different me...
* 549504 : Thread-safe version of gst_pad_get_internal_links()
* 551952 : Need 'check' package when compile
* 551978 : Memleak in gst_element_sync_state_with_paren
* 547835 : tee release_request_pad while buffer_alloc racyness
* 538628 : Patch: added a timeout property to fdsrc used in gst_poll...
* 546883 : [basetransform] ximagesink fails when resizing video window
* 551509 : gst_base_transform_prepare_output_buffer: assertion faile...
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.