Problem playing MPEG2-TS files with custom source plugin (MPEG2-PS works fine)

Problem playing MPEG2-TS files with custom source plugin (MPEG2-PS works fine)

danielkun

Hello,

I have built my own source plugin which currently only reads a file from
the HD.
(works similar to filesrc)

Using my own source plugin I can play back MPEG2-PS files but
when I try to play an MPEG2-TS file I get an error message saying:
"Element doesn't implement handling of this stream. Please file a bug."

This message appears after gst_xxx_start() has been called but,
before gst_xxx_create() is called. (gst_xxx_create() never gets called)

How come I can play MPEG2-PS but not MPEG2-TS?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

Re: Problem playing MPEG2-TS files with custom source plugin (MPEG2-PS works fine)

Wai-Ming Ho
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 20:08 -0700, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have built my own source plugin which currently only reads a file from
> the HD.
> (works similar to filesrc)
>
> Using my own source plugin I can play back MPEG2-PS files but
> when I try to play an MPEG2-TS file I get an error message saying:
> "Element doesn't implement handling of this stream. Please file a bug."
>
> This message appears after gst_xxx_start() has been called but,
> before gst_xxx_create() is called. (gst_xxx_create() never gets called)
>
> How come I can play MPEG2-PS but not MPEG2-TS?

they don't have the same syntax. Here's everything you need

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream

In the references section, there is a link to a PDF file: 13818-1.pdf
that is the ISO/IEC standard

You will need to depacketize a TS stream differently.

HTH,
waiming