Quantcast

No video displayed

Ramin2c
Hi,
I'm quite new to GStreamer and my first try to compile and run the basic Tutorial 1 partially failed by not being able to see any video, but the audio can be heard and the pipeline stops when reaches the end of the stream.
I tried basic Tutorial 2 (building a pipeline manually) with videotestsrc element and the result is the same.
Both of the examples can work fine though if corresponding gst-launch-1.0 is run instead from the command line; i.e.:

Tutorial 1: ./gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm
Tutorial 2: ./gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink

Even more, did the compilation directly from the command line like:

gcc main.c -I/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers -L/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Libraries -lgstreamer-1.0 -o testApp

And neither one could bring up the video window.

I'm using GStreame 1.0 on Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.3 and XCode for Developing, with different project types, Cocoa, command line and even importing all the Tutorial codes directly into en empty project.

Does anyone know why if fails to show the video? or any tips what I should look at?

Thanks
Ramin

PS: Links to GStreamer basic tutorials:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/index.html