Newbie Using Valgrind to Find Memory Leaks in GStreamer Plugin

Newbie Using Valgrind to Find Memory Leaks in GStreamer Plugin

johnwesting
I'm new to GStreamer development and this is my first time using Valgrind. Using Ubuntu 12.04 I downloaded valgrind using sudo apt-get install valgrind. I re-built my plugin, and ran the following command:

G_SLICE=always-malloc valgrind --leak-check=full gst-launch filesrc location=~/song.mp3 ! flump3dec ! myfilter ! alsasink

and I don't get any memory leaks reported. I even tried intentionally not unreferencing a buffer, and also allocating memory using malloc() and not freeing it, no memory leaks were reported. Any ideas what's going on??

Re: Newbie Using Valgrind to Find Memory Leaks in GStreamer Plugin

enthusiastic geek