Multimedia and gstreamer introduction.

stproj
Greetings,

I am trying to comprehend how gstreamer works but i believe i lack some basic knowledge regarding multimedia formats and which plugins work on specific multimedia types. So if you have any tutorials or guides regardings multimedia overall and how rtp/rtsp/rtcp protocols work i would be grateful.

Thanks,
S.

Re: Multimedia and gstreamer introduction.

francisv
Hi, S.

I can recommend you the book [1] or [2] to understand more about multimedia formats. To learn on RTP, RTCP, RTSP and I recommend you to look at their RFCs. https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3550.txt, https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2326.txt and https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-40

Don’t forget to look at the GStreamer manual: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/

[1] M. Ghanbari, Standard Codecs: Image Compression to Advanced Video Coding, 3rd Edition. Institution of Engineering and Technology, 2011.
[2] M. van der Schaar and P. A. Chou, Multimedia over IP and Wireless Networks. Academic Press, 2011.

Cheers,

Francisco

> On 13 Nov 2015, at 17:26, stproj <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to comprehend how gstreamer works but i believe i lack some
> basic knowledge regarding multimedia formats and which plugins work on
> specific multimedia types. So if you have any tutorials or guides regardings
> multimedia overall and how rtp/rtsp/rtcp protocols work i would be grateful.
>
> Thanks,
> S.

Re: Multimedia and gstreamer introduction.

Arnaud Loonstra
Gentle introduction

http://www.z25.org/static/_rd_/videostreaming_intro_plab/index.html

Rg,

Arnaud

On November 13, 2015 5:26:33 PM GMT+01:00, stproj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings,

I am trying to comprehend how gstreamer works but i believe i lack some
basic knowledge regarding multimedia formats and which plugins work on
specific multimedia types. So if you have any tutorials or guides regardings
multimedia overall and how rtp/rtsp/rtcp protocols work i would be grateful.

Thanks,
S.

Send from my feature bloated phone.