Multi channel Pipeline

diegoavila
Hi, Im new at using gstreamer (advanced topics), I want to create a
multichannel pipeline and  i want to control the volume of each channel ,
I've been loking for information and couldnt find anything useful , also im
using windows (I found an example that used alsasrc and other used
jackaudiosink but is not viable for my OS)
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Multi channel Pipeline

Nicolas Dufresne-5

Le mar. 1 oct. 2019 22 h 10, diegoavila <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi, Im new at using gstreamer (advanced topics), I want to create a
multichannel pipeline and  i want to control the volume of each channel ,
I've been loking for information and couldnt find anything useful , also im
using windows (I found an example that used alsasrc and other used
jackaudiosink but is not viable for my OS)
Thanks in advance!!

I think wasapi plugin is what uses the most recent Windows sound API. Pretty much all audio sources plugins works the same, so examples should still be relevant. As per dealing with multiple channel in GStreamer, what is most often done is to split each channel into its own branch of the graph, using deinterleave element. And then reassemble using audiointerleave.

Re: Multi channel Pipeline

diegoavila
Actually i switched to debian and it worked, but i dont know how can i add
another channel to this pipeline im stuck
this is my pipeline:
gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=/home/arion/Downloads/test2.mp3 name=src
! decodebin ! deinterleave keep-positions=true name=d interleave name=i !
autoaudiosink d.src_0 ! queue ! volume volume=1 ! i.sink_1 d.src_1 ! queue !
volume volume=0 ! i.sink_2

i wanna add 2 more channels

Re: Multi channel Pipeline

Nicolas Dufresne-5

Le mer. 2 oct. 2019 22 h 10, diegoavila <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Actually i switched to debian and it worked, but i dont know how can i add
another channel to this pipeline im stuck
this is my pipeline:
gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=/home/arion/Downloads/test2.mp3 name=src
! decodebin ! deinterleave keep-positions=true name=d interleave name=i !
autoaudiosink d.src_0 ! queue ! volume volume=1 ! i.sink_1 d.src_1 ! queue !
volume volume=0 ! i.sink_2

i wanna add 2 more channels

Just a note, I'm not totally certain I understood the goal. deinterleave will expose as many SRC pads as there is channels on it's sink pad. If you want to interleave channels from other sources, you'll need to do some programming (C, RUST, Python, etc. there is plenty of choices) to set the channel position mask to let audiointerleave know in which order to place them.