Mjpeg stream read JPEG header timestamp

Acs Christoph
Hello Guys

We must compare the timestamp that is stored in the JPEG header of the MJPEG stream that we received from an IP-Camera, with the current system time to get sure that the latency is not too high.

We have a document where is described where the timestamp is stored:
  Marker: COM
  Value: 0xFF, 0xFE
  Size: 17 Bytes

In the jpegparse plugin, documentation is described that the plugin can extract the metadata I don't find any other examples or documentation how this works.

I need some tips or an information how the meta data extraction on the jpegparse plugin works to get out this timestamp information on the jpeg header.

Many thanks to your help guys.

Br Christoph