Missing Time Duration of H264 File on Gstreamer-0.10

Missing Time Duration of H264 File on Gstreamer-0.10

budakf
Hi,

I get a video stream from my camera via RTSP and try to save it to a h264
file using gstreamer0.10.
Actually I get a h264 file, however it has no time duration. What should I
do to get time duration of video?

My Pipeline is:

*gst-launch rtspsrc location=<RTSP_URL> ! rtph264depay ! capsfilter
caps="video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=(fraction)24/1" !
filesink location=<FILE_PATH>*

I know gstreamer0.10 has security vulnerabilities, however I have to use
that.

Best
Fatih

Re: Missing Time Duration of H264 File on Gstreamer-0.10

Nicolas Dufresne-5
Le mercredi 29 janvier 2020 à 00:55 -0600, budakf a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I get a video stream from my camera via RTSP and try to save it to a h264
> file using gstreamer0.10.
> Actually I get a h264 file, however it has no time duration. What should I
> do to get time duration of video?
>
> My Pipeline is:
>
> *gst-launch rtspsrc location=<RTSP_URL> ! rtph264depay ! capsfilter
> caps="video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=(fraction)24/1" !
> filesink location=<FILE_PATH>*
>
> I know gstreamer0.10 has security vulnerabilities, however I have to use
> that.

You can use -e to gst-launch to push an EOS when CTRL+C is issues, and you can
add a muxer, like mpegtsmux, matroskamux, qtmux, flxmux etc. in order to wrap
your stream into a container. The cointainers are responsible of storing the
time information, hence the duration. This haven't change since 0.10.

Nicolas