I put together an application that uses the same pipeline the difference is that I checked the flow of the
elements through the splitmuxsink to filesink and flows fine. It also is setting the next filename using the
format-location. For some reason still has the same problem. that one went up to 300mb of memory.
One thread here was saying to use async-handling=true. I haven't tried that
yet because well it will be several days before I get to see if it works or
not. Anyone know?
> I was recording with this pipeline for more than 3 days. At the end of the
> third day the memory was crazy big. it was above 200 mb in memory.
> gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc location=[IP] name=source ! rtph264depay !
> h264parse ! mux.video splitmuxsink max-size-bytes=10485760 max-files=10240
> muxer=avimux location=video%06d.avi name=mux source. ! rtpmp4gdepay !
> aacparse ! mux.audio_0
You can run valgrind to check where
there may be memory leak，note that
pay attention to the "definitely lost" parts in summary. :)
valgrind -v --tool=memcheck --track-fds=yes --leak-check=full
--show-reachable=yes --time-stamp=yes --undef-value-errors=no
--malloc-fill=0xc --free-fill=0xd --freelist-vol=100000000
gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc location=[IP] name=source ! rtph264depay !
h264parse ! mux.video splitmuxsink max-size-bytes=10485760 max-files=10240
muxer=avimux location=video%06d.avi name=mux source. ! rtpmp4gdepay !
aacparse ! mux.audio_0
I found another program. Process Explore
that will tell me quite a bit of information. I found interesting that in
the beginning it showed 259 handles where active and then it increased as it
went along. It came back down to 259 not too long after. I have already left
for two days now and the handles have increased and never came back down to
259. Its now at 273 and my memory is from 15 and increased to 18 megabytes.
By tomorrow it probably will increase in memory because like always on the
Well increased 2 days later. this is a program I did my own console
application. I found out that the code I was using was 2016 source code on a
The only thing I did was edit the splitmuxsink element. Got rid of the
second signal for format-location-full then did a couple of signals in the
filesink. Nothing that will effect the program that much.
I upgraded to 1.14.1 and used the command line gst-launch that I used in the
first post. It did the same thing as before. it got up to 2k files out of
10k files. doesn't seem to quit out or anything. The handles didn't increase