MediaFoundation Plugin

Busayo Famutimi
Hi Devs,

I am trying to use the media foundation plugin (v1.18.0) but I am aware it
is only available using MSVC.

Please is there a way to access the media foundation plugin using Mingw
toolchain as ksvideosrc has been marked deprecated?  I am hoping there is a
workaround to this.

Thanks for your response.

Re: MediaFoundation Plugin

Nirbheek Chauhan
ksvideosrc is deprecated only on platforms where mediafoundation is available. It's fine to keep using it with MinGW for now.

The long-term fix for that is likely going to be to dynamically load the mediafoundation libraries at runtime. That will eliminate the MSVC build dependency.

Cheers,
Nirbheek