MPEG MMTP Element

Lijia (George Lee, Euler)

We are considering to develop MMT prototype system, but the trouble lies in not finding any open source MMTP stack even on FFmpeg/GStreamer website. MMT standard has been launched for 3 years, this month 2017 edition of MMT standard just rolled out and goes into publicity, Why not to see available open source implementation? Maybe it is large barrier to advocate adoption of MMT in digital broadcast network.

Best Regards,

George Lee

Re: MPEG MMTP Element

Sebastian Dröge-3
On Fri, 2017-08-25 at 08:37 +0000, Lijia (George Lee, Euler) wrote:
> We are considering to develop MMT prototype system, but the trouble
> lies in not finding any open source MMTP stack even on
> FFmpeg/GStreamer website. MMT standard has been launched for 3 years,
> this month 2017 edition of MMT standard just rolled out and goes into
> publicity, Why not to see available open source implementation? Maybe
> it is large barrier to advocate adoption of MMT in digital broadcast
> network.

I'm not aware of any Open Source implementation for MMT either. If you
would write one and make it available to the community, that would
definitely be great.

Main reason for it not existing yet is probably that there is not much
usage of MMT in the industry yet, and many people being wary of using
(especially new) MPEG technology due to the usual patent uncertainties
and costs, and rather using other technologies instead.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com