M3U8 Live Stream To FB Live

croznut
So I'm just learning GStreamer and am wanting to stream live video on a
schedule to Facebook Live.

I have the script that auto creates a FB live post.

But what I'm trying to figure out is how to pull in a M3U8 stream feed and
push it through gstreamer and out to FB Live.

I can do it all day long on FFMPEG, but can't seem to figure it out for
Gstreamer.

Here is the test code that I have that sends bars and tones... but how do i
change this to accept an M3U8 source and push to FB Live? (I've just started
going through the gstreamer guide)

gst-launch-1.0 flvmux name=mux streamable=true ! rtmpsink location="$url"
videotestsrc is-live=true !
"video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1" ! identity sync=true !
x264enc bitrate=2500 key-int-max=60 ! video/x-h264,profile=high ! h264parse
! queue ! mux. audiotestsrc is-live=true ! audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2
! identity sync=true ! voaacenc bitrate=128000 ! queue ! mux.

Re: M3U8 Live Stream To FB Live

ShilVin
Hi croznut,

You can use hlssink to generate HLS chunks and manifest file.
But you have to write wrapper function to push the generated chunks and
manifest files.

~ Vinod

Re: M3U8 Live Stream To FB Live

croznut
Thanks Vinod -
And how on earth would I do that? I'm still reading through the
documentation and am still learning how to drive this beast!

Re: M3U8 Live Stream To FB Live

ShilVin
croznut.

Once the file is generated file can be pushed using curlhttpsisnk. But you
need to figure out how u get file closed notification/message from the
hlsisnk.

~ Vinod

Re: M3U8 Live Stream To FB Live

Tim Müller
On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 16:20 -0700, croznut wrote:

Hi,

To play an HLS stream properly you need playbin or playbin3.

What you could do is have two pipelines: 1) playbin(3) for playback,
and 2) one for encoding/streaming, and then bridge the two pipelines
with inter{audio,video}{sink,src}, something like this:

  gst-launch-1.0 playbin3 uri=http://...m3u8 \
                          video-sink=intervideosink \
                          audio-sink=interaudiosink \
   intervideosrc ! videoconvert ! queue ! xvimagesink \
   interaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! queue ! pulsesink

But instead of the sinks you put your encoding/muxing/streaming
pipeline that you already have.

Cheers
 -Tim