Jetson nano USB 1080p stream save while streaming to rtmp fails.

Jetson nano USB 1080p stream save while streaming to rtmp fails.

dananjaya
I have tried to save an USB 1080p stream while streaming it to an rtmp
location. I used the tee element to achieve this. If there is a network
failure both the pipeline stops. I am required to continue saving the stream
even though the rtmp fails.

What can be a solution for this?

Re: Jetson nano USB 1080p stream save while streaming to rtmp fails.

Nicolas Dufresne-5

Le ven. 6 mars 2020 06 h 15, dananjaya <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I have tried to save an USB 1080p stream while streaming it to an rtmp
location. I used the tee element to achieve this. If there is a network
failure both the pipeline stops. I am required to continue saving the stream
even though the rtmp fails.

What can be a solution for this?

I would use two pipelines. One for the recording, with tee and an appsink on one end. And then another for the streaming, starting with an appsrc. That will protect the recorder from the potential network errors.

Nicolas

p.s. consider using rtmpsink2, it's more robust to network errors.

Re: Jetson nano USB 1080p stream save while streaming to rtmp fails.

Tim Müller
On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 04:01 -0600, dananjaya wrote:

Hi,

> I have tried to save an USB 1080p stream while streaming it to an
> rtmp location. I used the tee element to achieve this. If there is a
> network failure both the pipeline stops. I am required to continue
> saving the stream even though the rtmp fails.
>
> What can be a solution for this?

There's an "errorignore" element which you can put between your tee and
the rtmpsink.

This can make sure that the upstream elements won't "see" the error
(which is a flow error in response to pushing a buffer) and continue
streaming.

The application is free to ignore the error message it receives on the
bus from the rtmpsink, or can use it to remove the rtmpsink branch from
the tee (and/or restart the rtmpsink branch after a few seconds).

Cheers
 Tim