IEC60958 / IEC958 parser

Frederic Turmel
Hi, Is there a parser available for IEC6058? I have raw PCM with IEC encapsulated data that I need to parse into eac3/ac3 and other formats.

I could not find any so far.

Thanks
FredT

Re: IEC60958 / IEC958 parser

Sebastian Dröge-3
Hi Frederic,

On Wed, 2020-02-19 at 20:32 -0800, Frederic Turmel wrote:
> Hi, Is there a parser available for IEC6058? I have raw PCM with IEC
> encapsulated data that I need to parse into eac3/ac3 and other
> formats.
>
> I could not find any so far.

There's only the opposite in
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/audio/gstaudioiec61937.html

And actually we don't even have support for the opposite direction in
e.g. alsasrc. Only in alsasink. PulseAudio also only seems to have
support in the sink.

Looking at the code, implementing the inverse of
gst_audio_iec61937_payload() doesn't seem very complicated though,
apart from syncing on a frame start and guessing the correct format.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com