How to use gst-inspect on Android

Haiming Wang
Hi Friends,

    First up, I'd like to thank you for giving me much help before.
    I have a new question here.

    I Want to use the command line tool such as get-inspect on android.  From one former email loop, I knew that there is a build for android arm which contains the command line tools which has the runtime  suffix and  can be got at:

    I tried to use it on android but met some problems. looks like the libs can not be loaded successfully.Can anyone tell me how to use this command tool  on Android?

    I really appreciate if you can give me some help.

Thanks and Regards,
Haiming Wang

Re: How to use gst-inspect on Android

Sebastian Dröge
On Mi, 2013-06-19 at 14:05 +0800, Haiming Wang wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>

>     First up, I'd like to thank you for giving me much help before.
>     I have a new question here.
>

>     I Want to use the command line tool such as get-inspect on
> android.  From one former email loop, I knew that there is a build for
> android arm which contains the command line tools which has the
> runtime  suffix and  can be got at:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/packages/android/arm/
>

>     I tried to use it on android but met some problems. looks like the
> libs can not be loaded successfully.Can anyone tell me how to use this
> command tool  on Android?
You need to have a rooted device and put all these files into an
executable location. Then you need to set up the environment like the
gst-sdk-shell script does (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GST_PLUGIN_PATH, etc) and
additionally set GST_REGISTRY_REUSE_PLUGIN_SCANNER=no in your
environment.

Additionally it seems that the libbz2.so.1.0 link is wrong and needs to
be fixed manually right now.

RE: How to use gst-inspect on Android

Haiming Wang
hi Sebastian,

  Thank you very much for your help. I will try it.

Thanks!

Subject: Re: How to use gst-inspect on Android
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:51:49 +0200

On Mi, 2013-06-19 at 14:05 +0800, Haiming Wang wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>

> First up, I'd like to thank you for giving me much help before.
> I have a new question here.
>

> I Want to use the command line tool such as get-inspect on
> android. From one former email loop, I knew that there is a build for
> android arm which contains the command line tools which has the
> runtime suffix and can be got at:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/packages/android/arm/
>

> I tried to use it on android but met some problems. looks like the
> libs can not be loaded successfully.Can anyone tell me how to use this
> command tool on Android?

You need to have a rooted device and put all these files into an
executable location. Then you need to set up the environment like the
gst-sdk-shell script does (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GST_PLUGIN_PATH, etc) and
additionally set GST_REGISTRY_REUSE_PLUGIN_SCANNER=no in your
environment.

Additionally it seems that the libbz2.so.1.0 link is wrong and needs to
be fixed manually right now.

Re: How to use gst-inspect on Android

krakorar