How to publish an element as a particular factory type

How to publish an element as a particular factory type

deeps8us
I have a gstreamer element which I want to discover through
GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY_TYPE_PARSER. The element is present, how can I make it
discover-able via
gst_element_factory_list_get_elements(
      GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY_TYPE_PARSER, GST_RANK_NONE)

Re: How to publish an element as a particular factory type

Tim Müller
On Tue, 2020-03-10 at 04:27 -0500, deeps8us wrote:

> I have a gstreamer element which I want to discover through
> GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY_TYPE_PARSER. The element is present, how can I
> make it
> discover-able via
> gst_element_factory_list_get_elements(
>       GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY_TYPE_PARSER, GST_RANK_NONE)

You add "Parser" as element factory classification string in your
gst_element_class_set_static_metadata() call.

Cheers
 Tim

Re: How to publish an element as a particular factory type

deeps8us
Thank you !!!

Re: How to publish an element as a particular factory type

deeps8us
In gst_element_class_set_static_metadata - What is the difference between
GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY_KLASS_DECODER and mentioning as "Decoder"

Re: How to publish an element as a particular factory type

deeps8us
What will happen if I mention Parser/Decoder. Will it be considered for both?