How to install gst-rtsp-server example

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

How to install gst-rtsp-server example

Daiane Angolini
Hi,

I'm working to integrate the gst-rtsp-server examples (such as
test-launch and test-uri) in the yocto recipe.

However, I cannot understand the installation process of those binaries.

What I understand is that the binaries are created properly, but they
are never installed in the DESTDIR.

What is the process to install the examples binaries?

I add the log on 1.8.0 because my Ubuntu dependencies. Yocto today is
1.10.4, but from git history it looks like the version does not matter
in this Makefile, at least I got the same behavior on yocto and on my
machine.

In case there is no process, where should I copy the binaries?

Thanks in advance,
Daiane

make[1]: Entering directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/examples'
  CC       test-video.o
  CCLD     test-video
  CC       test-ogg.o
  CCLD     test-ogg
  CC       test-mp4.o
  CCLD     test-mp4
  CC       test-readme.o
  CCLD     test-readme
  CC       test-launch.o
  CCLD     test-launch
  CC       test-sdp.o
  CCLD     test-sdp
  CC       test-uri.o
  CCLD     test-uri
  CC       test-auth.o
  CCLD     test-auth
  CC       test-multicast.o
  CCLD     test-multicast
  CC       test-multicast2.o
  CCLD     test-multicast2
  CC       test-appsrc.o
  CCLD     test-appsrc
  CC       test-video-rtx.o
  CCLD     test-video-rtx
  CC       test-record.o
  CCLD     test-record
  CC       test-record-auth.o
  CCLD     test-record-auth
  CC       test-netclock.o
  CCLD     test-netclock
  CC       test-netclock-client.o
  CCLD     test-netclock-client
make[2]: Entering directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/examples'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/examples'
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/examples'
Making install in tests
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests'
Making install in check
make[2]: Entering directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests/check'
make[3]: Entering directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests/check'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests/check'
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests/check'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests'
  CC       test-cleanup.o
  CCLD     test-cleanup
  CC       test-reuse.o
  CCLD     test-reuse
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/daiane/Downloads/gst-rtsp-server-1.8.0/tests'
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to install gst-rtsp-server example

Tim Müller
On Tue, 2017-07-25 at 14:59 -0300, Daiane Angolini wrote:

Hi Daiane,

> I'm working to integrate the gst-rtsp-server examples (such as
> test-launch and test-uri) in the yocto recipe.
>
> However, I cannot understand the installation process of those
> binaries.
>
> What I understand is that the binaries are created properly, but they
> are never installed in the DESTDIR.
>
> What is the process to install the examples binaries?

The short answer is that there is currently no "process", these
binaries that are not installed at the moment. We would probably want
to review and namespace them before doing so.

Cheers
-Tim

--
Tim Müller, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com

Join us at the GStreamer Conference!
21-22 October 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: How to install gst-rtsp-server example

Daiane Angolini
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Tim Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2017-07-25 at 14:59 -0300, Daiane Angolini wrote:
>
> Hi Daiane,
>
>> I'm working to integrate the gst-rtsp-server examples (such as
>> test-launch and test-uri) in the yocto recipe.
>>
>> However, I cannot understand the installation process of those
>> binaries.
>>
>> What I understand is that the binaries are created properly, but they
>> are never installed in the DESTDIR.
>>
>> What is the process to install the examples binaries?
>
> The short answer is that there is currently no "process", these
> binaries that are not installed at the moment. We would probably want
> to review and namespace them before doing so.

Thanks Tim.

Do you think a feasible workaround today would be yocto copying over
the files to the destination dir?

And then when the Makefile is updated, the yocto recipe would reflect
the correct procedure.

Would be nice to copy over the binaries to somewhere such as /usr/bin/?

Regards,
Daiane

>
> Cheers
> -Tim
>
> --
> Tim Müller, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com
>
> Join us at the GStreamer Conference!
> 21-22 October 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/
> _______________________________________________
> gstreamer-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
Loading...