HelloWorld example doesn't work

yo

HelloWorld example doesn't work

yo
Hi,

I have just started gstreamer program and am having trouble now.
"Chapter 10. Your first application" in the doc:"GStreamer Application Development Manual (1.5.1)", there is "helloworld" example, I think I installed gstreamer1.4.5 with "base" and good "plugin" then tried this example. Compilation gave no error and when I invoke it, I got the error message as

"One element could not be created. Exiting"

for oggdemux, vorbisdec and autoaudiosink.

i am sure "gst_element_factory_make" couldn't make these element probably because some plugins for these elements are missing, not sure...

Would anybody tell how to debug the problem?

Thanks,
Yo

Re: HelloWorld example doesn't work

Nicolas Dufresne-3
Le vendredi 12 juin 2015 à 02:50 -0700, yo a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have just started gstreamer program and am having trouble now.
> "Chapter 10. Your first application" in the doc:"GStreamer
> Application
> Development Manual (1.5.1)", there is "helloworld" example, I think I
> installed gstreamer1.4.5 with "base" and good "plugin" then tried
> this
> example. Compilation gave no error and when I invoke it, I got the
> error
> message as
>
> "One element could not be created. Exiting"
You should try and update the code to check each element, and trace
which one could not be created. Or simply gst-inspect-1.0 each of them.

Nicolas