Gstreamer parallel video encoding with vaapi

Gstreamer parallel video encoding with vaapi

adolfoe
I would like to know if gstreamer can support encoding two videos at the same time with hardware acceleration enabled.

using vaapi plugin, and atom e3800

Best Regards,
Adolfo Sanchez.

Re: Gstreamer parallel video encoding with vaapi

Nicolas Dufresne-3
Le jeudi 04 juin 2015 à 14:18 -0700, adolfoe a écrit :
> I would like to know if gstreamer can support encoding two videos at
> the same
> time with hardware acceleration enabled.
>
> using vaapi plugin, and atom e3800

It's should. Intel GPU runs a scheduler and support multiple instances.
Performance will degrade if you surpass the capacity, which isn't fixed
(it's all shared with GL stuff).

Nicolas