Fwd: gstreamer plugin

Ronald S. Bultje
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mahmoud bt <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:42 AM
Subject: gstreamer plugin
To: [hidden email]

hello
could you tell me please about the function which does provides data
in a source element(like chain function in a transform element)
i don't understund how works a source element

--
Best Regards
Mahmoud BEN TAHAR

Re: Fwd: gstreamer plugin

ved kpl
Hi,

Src elements will either start a thread called _loop() to push the
data downstream(which the downstream element will receive  in _chain()
) or will support _get_range()  (pull method, where a downstream
element will pull data from the src). Chain function does not exist in
source element.

Ved