End of Stream - How to end in python?

gstnewbiepants
Hey Guys,

I've asked a similar question in a previous post, but I've learned a bit and have been trying to end a stream in my python code.  I'm using gstreamer 1.0 with PyGI and GTK3.  I'm simply tying to write a network stream to a file with the filesink element.  The file is being written, but the stream never ends.

I'm using this code to send an EOS message, but the eos message handler is never fired...

filesink = seld.client_pipeline.get_by_name("filesink")
Gst.Element.send_event(filesink, Gst.Event.new_eos())

If anyone has any ideas at all, please help, because we're very stuck!

Thanks,
Newbz

Re: End of Stream - How to end in python?

Edward Hervey
On Mon, 2013-07-22 at 09:36 -0700, gstnewbiepants wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I've asked a similar question in a previous post, but I've learned a bit and
> have been trying to end a stream in my python code.  I'm using gstreamer 1.0
> with PyGI and GTK3.  I'm simply tying to write a network stream to a file
> with the filesink element.  The file is being written, but the stream never
> ends.
>
> I'm using this code to send an EOS message, but the eos message handler is
> never fired...
>
> filesink = seld.client_pipeline.get_by_name("filesink")
> Gst.Element.send_event(filesink, Gst.Event.new_eos())

  It should be sent on the source and not on the sink.