Custom Gstreamer build

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
EMC
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Custom Gstreamer build

EMC
Hello,
I want to customize gstreamer for a project that I will host iinternally.
I am new to cerbero as well as git, and  a bit lost.  Maybe someone here can offer advice?

I am building a video player around gstreamer for android_x86.  I am able to use cerbero to build gstreamer and then put an app around it successfully.  Now, I want to do some custom rendering.  Each time I change a source file, it overwrites what I did during the subsequent build.  How can I change that behavior?  

Also, I will need  to create an internally hosted git repository from the code.  Is there an easy way to do that?  Will I have to change all of the recipes?

This seems a common problem, is there a document somewhere to describe what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Gstreamer build

Nicolas Dufresne-5
Le vendredi 10 mars 2017 à 16:54 -0800, EMC a écrit :

> Hello, 
> I want to customize gstreamer for a project that I will host
> iinternally.
> I am new to cerbero as well as git, and  a bit lost.  Maybe someone
> here can
> offer advice? 
>
> I am building a video player around gstreamer for android_x86.  I am
> able to
> use cerbero to build gstreamer and then put an app around it
> successfully. 
> Now, I want to do some custom rendering.  Each time I change a source
> file,
> it overwrites what I did during the subsequent build.  How can I
> change that
> behavior?  
Cerbero is not directly a development tool. You give it a tarball or a
git report / branh with some patches maybe and it builds it. For
development, you likely want to use cerbero shell, which give you a
properly setup environment to cross compile using autotool.

>
> Also, I will need  to create an internally hosted git repository from
> the
> code.  Is there an easy way to do that?  Will I have to change all of
> the
> recipes?

Yes, you have to edits the recipes to point to you fork.

>
> This seems a common problem, is there a document somewhere to
> describe what
> I am trying to do

All we have for now is the README file and:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/deploying/multiplatform
-using-cerbero.html


>
> Thanks in advance
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble
> .com/Custom-Gstreamer-build-tp4682166.html
> Sent from the GStreamer-devel mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> gstreamer-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel
_______________________________________________
gstreamer-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/gstreamer-devel

signature.asc (188 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Gstreamer build

jml5qh
Thanks Nicolas! I'm working on something similar and was able to get this built from a custom fork with your help! One follow-up question: How do you specify which headers you want to get included by default? For example, I want to include all the headers in gst-plugins-good/gst/rtsp. Thanks for any help you could provide!
EMC
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Gstreamer build

EMC
Thanks for the reply.  
EMC
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Gstreamer build

EMC
In reply to this post by EMC
After cerbero created the build environment, I have been creating custom builds by using the cerbero shell.
For example, to do a custom renderer:

>./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android-x86.cbc shell
$>cd ~/gst/cerbero/build/sources/android_x86
$>cd ./gst-plugins-bad-1.0-static-1.11.2.1
$>make clean
$>make all







Loading...