Confirming the network usage hypothesis by pausing RTSP or MJPEG streams

Confirming the network usage hypothesis by pausing RTSP or MJPEG streams

enthusiastic geek
This post was updated on .
I would like to confirm my hypothesis whether the network usage is expected to be less on pausing the RTSP and MJPEG pipelines. Should I also see it increasing on resuming the pipeline to the playing state?

RTSP

gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.0.20/live1.sdp ! \
rtph264depay ! \
h264parse ! capsfilter caps="video/x-h264,width=1280,height=800,framerate=(fraction)25/1" ! \
ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

MJPEG

gst-launch -v souphttpsrc location=http://10.11.12.13/mjpeg \
    do-timestamp=true ! multipartdemux \
    ! image/jpeg,width=640,height=480 ! matroskamux \
    ! filesink location=mjpeg.mkv