Can't manage volume with GstVolume

Sergio Perticone
I'm working on gstreamer (0.10.19), but I can't change the playback
volume. I tried with GstVolume element in this way:

    self->gst_volume = gst_element_factory_make("volume", "my-volume");
    gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(self->gst_bin), source, parser,
                     decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);

    gst_element_link(source, parser);
    gst_element_link_many(decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);

The playback runs fine, but when I try to change the volume with:

    g_object_set(G_OBJECT(self->gst_volume), "volume", value, NULL);

nothing happens.
(`value' range is 0.0,1.0)

Can someone give me a hint? TIA,

s.

Re: Can't manage volume with GstVolume

Stefan Sauer
hi,

Sergio schrieb:
> I'm working on gstreamer (0.10.19), but I can't change the playback
> volume. I tried with GstVolume element in this way:
>
>     self->gst_volume = gst_element_factory_make("volume", "my-volume");
>     gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(self->gst_bin), source, parser,
>                      decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);
>
>     gst_element_link(source, parser);
>     gst_element_link_many(decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);

What about putting volume before the sink? ALso check the return results from
e.g. gst_element_link_many.

Stefan

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Stefan Kost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Sergio schrieb:
>> I'm working on gstreamer (0.10.19), but I can't change the playback
>> volume. I tried with GstVolume element in this way:
>>
>>     self->gst_volume = gst_element_factory_make("volume", "my-volume");
>>     gst_bin_add_many(GST_BIN(self->gst_bin), source, parser,
>>                      decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);
>>
>>     gst_element_link(source, parser);
>>     gst_element_link_many(decoder, conv, sink, self->gst_volume, NULL);
>
> What about putting volume before the sink? ALso check the return results from
> e.g. gst_element_link_many.

Great, now it works! volume has to be put before the sink in linking.
Thanks a lot.

> Stefan

s.